Can I be more active, like Evan?
Evan says playing sports with his friends is great for his physical and mental wellbeing.
Wanting to stay active
- The frustration of bleeds when trying to be more active is a common experience for people with hemophilia A
Making the difference for Evan
- With the support of his doctor, finding a factor VIII product that gives him the longer lasting protection he needs to allow him to enjoy his sports activities
- He always checks with his doctor before taking up a new sport or activity
- Joint damage is one of the most debilitating aspects of hemophilia1 and there is a known link between higher and more sustained FVIII levels and improved joint protection2
For people like Evan, there are factor VIII products available that can help them to do more whilst also providing proven joint protection.
Speak to your doctor as they may be able to recommend a treatment that provides higher FVIII levels to help protect your joints from bleeds.
- O’Hara et al. Health Qual Life 2018; 16(1): 84. Return to content
- Den Uijl et al. Haemophilia 2011; 17(6): 849-853. Return to content